Since we opened at the end of February we have run our first competition with our local schools. This proved very successful with over 1,000 entries and 36 winners, all of whom won a book token to spend in the shop.
We were also delighted to be able to display books written, illustrated and constructed by the Year 3 children of West Ashtead school, all inspired by the book “Where’s Lenny?” by Ken Wilson-Max.
We are very keen to establish strong relationships with all our local schools and are in the process of planning exactly what we are able to offer which, at the moment is as follows:
- The opportunity to have an account with us; to do so please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10% discount up to a maximum order of £300 per order
- School visits to the shop up to a maximum of 10 children at a time, for EYFS, KS1 and KS2
- Display children’s work in the shop by arrangement
- Support with sourcing topic books/books for the school library
- In time, we hope to introduce personalised book tokens for schools to use as gifts/prizes
- In time, we hope to produce a termly newsletter with information on new releases and more